For many cancer survivors, the conventional mainstream treatment, radiation and chemotherapy come with a host of side effects which are crippling and sometimes lethal, which might be slow growing or treatable more conservatively. For example, new studies show that survivors of Hodgkin’s disease once considered the lone example of the effectiveness of radiation and chemotherapy are significantly more likely to die of heart disease in the years following treatment due to the toxic effects of these treatments on the cardio vascular system.
Cancer Survivors Need Heart Disease Screening : Internal Medicine News.
- Understanding the Shocking New Breast Cancer Study (belmarrahealth.com)
- New cancer treatment used for first time in UK (confused.com)
- Chemo: What to Expect (breastcancer.answers.com)
- Percentage of Patients with Breast Cancer Having Back Pains (breastcancer.answers.com)
- Avastin May Help Boost Survival With Aggressive Cervical Cancer: Study (news.health.com)
- Chemotherapy units ‘stretched to the limit’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- ‘We fought cancer together’: Mum and daughter both have breasts removed within weeks (mirror.co.uk)